Sunday 23 March 2014

Using a Tilt-Shift Lens for Focus Control


Jay P. Morgan from The Slanted Lens has put together this video showing us what you can do with the tilt-shift lens for focus control:


I have a 45mm 2.8 Tilt-Shift lens. I like the focal length because it gives me a great focus effect, and I can use it in smaller spaces without distortion when shooting people.


For the lighting lesson, we are going to set up inside the C47 with the 82nd Airborne. The door will be open, and we will direct smoke to flow into the door from the Rosco 1700. We will not fight the sun but set the color balance to tungsten and let the sunlight go blue.


I will be shooting at 200th of a second shutter speed and f5.0. The ISO is set at 160. This will allow us to shoot strobes inside the airplane and balance them with the sunlight streaming in the door. We will be using Dynalite strobes today to light our scene.



Using a Tilt-Shift Lens for Focus Control

No comments:

Post a Comment